What’s in your carpet?
Carpet cleaning Chattanooga - In your carpet
Carpet Cleaning Chattanooga
- Carpet manufacturers recommend having our carpets professionally cleaned a minimum of every 12 to 18 months.
- With proper carpet cleaning, carpet may improve the quality of air through trapping allergy-inducing dust and allergens.
- Norovirus (the virus that causes the stomach flu) can survive on dirty carpet for a month or more!
- Each year, several pounds of soil, including dead skin, hair, pet dander, dust mites, fleas, animal vomit, feces and urine can accumulate in and under our carpets. EnviroSpec carpet cleaning Chattanooga can remove all of these in only one trip.
- A person sheds 1.5 million skin flakes an hour, most of which become embedded in our carpet. These flakes can also lead to allergy and asthma symptoms.
- Indoor air usually contains about twice as much dust as the air outside. That’s a million microscopic particles in a cubic inch of indoor air.
- Carpet cleaning is important to kill and remove dust mites living in your carpet, mattress and pillows, which cause allergy symptoms in many Americans. About 2,000 dust mites can live happily on one ounce of carpet dust. Furthermore, dust mites thrive in warm, humid environments, eating dead skin cells and nesting in dust-collecting carpet. The residue that mites leave behind can mix with dust and become airborne, which may cause allergies and asthma symptoms.